Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Love my GXP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 GXP sometimes increases the rpms from 2000 to 3000 while just driving down the road and won't go back down to 2000 unless I stop and shut it off. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Is it because your foot is on the gas:p? or do you need to shift earlier?

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
I'm pretty sure G633 was just being goofy... I've had the same problem... Usually it's followed by flashing lights behind me.

·
Love my GXP
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone that cares I found out why my RPM's would go up. There was a pinched transmission line, there for the oil was not getting cooled enough with the restricted flow. The computer recognized the transmission oil temp and automatically shifted the car to lower gears to protect the transmission.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
For anyone that cares I found out why my RPM's would go up. There was a pinched transmission line, there for the oil was not getting cooled enough with the restricted flow. The computer recognized the transmission oil temp and automatically shifted the car to lower gears to protect the transmission.
I appreciate you coming back & letting us know how it was resolved. It benefits the whole group. Someone else will have this exact same issue soon enough.
Did it ever set a DTC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts