Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member for life
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 convertible. On my passenger side I have lost the rubber tab right above the window right below the top now there is bare metal exposed and I do not know what to do about it. Can you buy this piece of rubber new?... can you take it off of another one car?? See pics, thanks in advance. -Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe try an auto recycler near you. I would expect the 2 door Coupe to have them if they need to have the windows indexed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I do Auto Parts for a career.
We refer to that as a 'blow out clip', referring to how it can direct the window, preventing it from blowing away from the body, and guiding the glass in. Back when it was common for cars to have non-frame doors, and horrid body fits, it was more of a big deal.
It appears to me to be a part of the upper weatherstrip, and not a separate part.
If you can somehow separate it from a strip and install it on yours, do it

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Member for life
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do Auto Parts for a career.
We refer to that as a 'blow out clip', referring to how it can direct the window, preventing it from blowing away from the body, and guiding the glass in. Back when it was common for cars to have non-frame doors, and horrid body fits, it was more of a big deal.
It appears to me to be a part of the upper weatherstrip, and not a separate part.
If you can somehow separate it from a strip and install it on yours, do it

Any thoughts on what the parts number is for that rubber piece, I’d replace the whole rubber piece if I knew the part number

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did some quick look ups between other cars. I like either 25887151 or 22708328.
I need to look closer @ my car to see exactly what connects to what.
No promises, but I might get that done today.
No idea on availability of either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts