Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My 08 GT with 46,000 miles is making a rubbing sound while turning. Whats the normal tire size?
It really only started after the dealer replaced the intermediate shaft. I'm not to familiar with how they work. Could that have caused this?

Also I've noticed my transmission is acting funny lately. Sometimes it wont downshift unless I really stomp it, or it wont upshift and will run relatively high rpm when i'm barely touching the gas.
I'm going to have the fluids changed. Maybe it a pressure problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked and my tires are 225/50/R17. so if it's not my tires then it's likely something to do with that intermediate shaft they replaced.
They replaced it because i was getting the "clunky" steering.
I would have rahter had the clunking, because now it feels like my steering is looser, the car sways more, and now I have this insanely annoying rubbing feeling.
The dealer says everything is fine though.....
Personally I think their covering up something.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have not heard about that myself but my car is at the stealership getting worked on right now, when I go pick it up (I hope today) I'll ask one of the mechanics their thoughts (since they have nothing invested, just info deal). Hope its decent news

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.