Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 G6 GT 3.5 is running and ideling rough. Used sea foam cleaner and replaced coil pack with no luck. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is the Check Engine Light on, or did you scan it for any codes, Codes can still come up with the light being off.

How does the Air Filter look.
Maybe try cleaning the MAF and the Throttle Body

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It is not throwing any codes up and not showing any when scanned.
Given no codes, your job is much harder. CruisinG6 started you in the right direction. Cleaning the MAF sensor, TB & air filter are just regular maintenance items that are often neglected. This is called an air induction system cleaning/service.

The engine could be misfiring but not enough yet to throw a code. The right place to start is to have it scanned & look at the misfire data. That might help to narrow down the possibilities. Any mechanic has this capability. You can have it yourself for a couple hundred bucks (for software & cable) & a laptop.

a quick check that's relatively easy:
Check the resistance of all six plug wires end-to-end: should all be about equal. If one is way high, you found the problem.

Throwing parts at it will almost always be the most expensive way to proceed.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Not to detract from the issue at hand here, But greenman, would you happen to know of a useful OBDII software I could use with my bluetooth OBD adapter?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Not to detract from the issue at hand here, But greenman, would you happen to know of a useful OBDII software I could use with my bluetooth OBD adapter?
The only non-interactive PC-based software I'm familiar with is ScanXL Pro. No idea if they have a bluetooth version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts