Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that GM has 7 year/100,000 mile warranty on rust/corrosion for new cars. Do you think the '05 has the same coverage? I have a little rust on the trunk and want to get it taken care of (if under warranty) when I take it in next month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re Rust on trunk

We purchased our 2005 G6 GT used and last May I went to different places to see about removing some chips and deep scratches without having to paint the entire car and was told by a dealer to take it in to GM because I had a sheet metal defect on the right rear fender. I have coverage up to 120 000kms or the manufacture date of 5 years, December 29th, which they were able to give me to have any work done. The paint wasn't damaged but it looked like a blister. I called GM directly first and they sent me to the local dealer and it was still covered in the warranty. It gives the details in the owner's manual as too what they will cover and the number to call. Also, I registered the car with GM as well. Most don't, but I recommend it. You will get good service and great info on offers if and when you want to buy a new GM vehicle.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.