Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I stated in my introduction thread, I got the car new in '09. I just started modding my G6 a few months ago. I have PLENTY of plans for it, but its going to take a lot of time and of course, money! So far I have tinted windows, tinted tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, and plasti dipped hubcaps. I have some Eibach lowering springs, just haven't had the time to put them on yet. Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
290 Posts
How does the exhaust sound? I though about doing it as a cheap upgrade but didn't want to invest the time or money if it sounded like crap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plasti dip wheels made a huge difference! Very nice looks g6
Thanks! I really like how they turned out. I want to do my roof too, but I much rather have it painted instead.

How does the exhaust sound? I though about doing it as a cheap upgrade but didn't want to invest the time or money if it sounded like crap

The exhaust sounds great. Its loud outside of the car and not so much inside, and that's how I like it. The only flaw in the sound is when I cut the A/C on, it sounds like a tractor :mad:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do you have some pictures of it I could use as reference to make mine? And I don't use my a/c a whole lot cause the weather is nice here.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have some pictures of it I could use as reference to make mine? And I don't use my a/c a whole lot cause the weather is nice here.

I'd be more than happy to take some whenever the weather clears up here. It will more than likely be Monday, but whenever I can get around to it, I'll pm you to let you know when I have them posted.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay, as promised, here's pics of my exhaust and resonator delete. Its pretty much a simple way to have a good sound from your G6 without spending so much money. Its not a clean/beautiful setup, but it gets the job done. I used the stock piping along with some new pipe just to replace the old that was cut off. I also replaced the resonator with a straight pipe. I do plan on replacing the existing muffler with cherry bomb later on. I just love the sound of a glasspack lol

Stock muffler and resonator cut out

Straight pipe welded in place of the resonator (Front then Back)

New muffler welded in place of the stock muffler along with new piping ran out

·
Registered
290 Posts
Was there any certain reason that the pipe in place of the resonator is a little smailler than stock? and it looks great. Besides welding, about how much was cost?

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Was there any certain reason that the pipe in place of the resonator is a little smailler than stock? and it looks great. Besides welding, about how much was cost?
The only reason the piping is a little smaller is because that's what I had. No particular reason. The price was a little over $100 I believe. I'm not sure on the exact number. A buddy of mine did the welding for me. I priced the same amount of work at a local shop and it would be a little less than $200. Either way, its pretty cheap. The price will probably depend on your location too. When I had exhaust done on my truck, it was three times as much or more. Of course, it was true duals too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well it looks really good. I want to do mine soon and hopefully i will be able to. Although i dont think i will weld mine to start with just because they dont have welders on military base auto shops around here. And was it just a stadard glasspack or was there a specific one that you wanted?

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it looks really good. I want to do mine soon and hopefully i will be able to. Although i dont think i will weld mine to start with just because they dont have welders on military base auto shops around here. And was it just a stadard glasspack or was there a specific one that you wanted?
The one that's on it now is just a standard one. No specific name or anything. It got even louder after a couple of months, but I still want a better tone. That's why I'm switching to Cherry Bomb later on.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Do you think it would just be better to go with a cherry bomb right away instead?
and do you have a 3.5L ot the 4 banger

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you think it would just be better to go with a cherry bomb right away instead?
and do you have a 3.5L ot the 4 banger
4Banger... I would go with Cherry Bomb right away if you're wanting a glasspack. If you want to get an idea of what it would sound like, there are videos on YouTube of both the 4Banger and the 3.5L with Cherry Bombs. I'd record mine, but I don't have a camera, just a smart phone. If I recorded it with my phone, it would sound like I recorded it with a potato lol

·
Registered
290 Posts
okay that works for me. I will definitely be investing the time and money into this soon and i will let you know how it turns out. I might even be able to get a camera with a good enough mic to record how it sounds.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay that works for me. I will definitely be investing the time and money into this soon and i will let you know how it turns out. I might even be able to get a camera with a good enough mic to record how it sounds.
Sounds good! I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
After I got off work I decided to debadge the 6 and wash her :glasses: It was still wet whenever I took these pictures.

Debadged the GM emblems on the doors

Debadged the PONTIAC G6 emblem on the trunk and decided to keep the arrowhead to black it out later

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I blacked out the trunk key-hole and arrowhead with plasti dip today. After spraying over the arrowhead, I took a tooth pic to cut the inside of arrowhead out, so it would still be red. Its a nice little touch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should plasti dip your trim. It's just a little bit but it makes a difference like your trunk arrow head. Nice ride I have the same color but gtp. :D

·
Decepticon
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
You should plasti dip your trim. It's just a little bit but it makes a difference like your trunk arrow head. Nice ride I have the same color but gtp. :D
I've been wanting to dip the trim, but I've been too lazy to do all that taping lol It takes enough time taping off the emblems. Speaking of emblems, I plasti dipped my front arrowhead to go along with the back one today.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts