Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post!:rolleyes: So I sold my 03 bonneville but pulled my aftermarket head unit before I let it go (cheap PYLE single din with pop out touch screen.. hey as long as bluetooth works, im happy). I bought the Metra 99-3303 kit and Scosche GM13SR harness for my 07 G6 (base model stereo). My situation.. which may be super easy but I have limited knowledge on audio wiring... My PYLE head unit has a harness that plugs in with colored speaker, illumination, power etc wires coming out that would connect to the corresponding car's aftermarket wire harness. For the bonneville, it was simple color to color matching with a little solder, heatshrink, and bam all done. The Scosche GM13SR on the other hand, looks like it uses RCA connectors. Since RCA connectors use a shield wire along with +/-, how do I connect my head unit's harness to the GM13SR? Do I solder in female RCA connectors to the PYLE harness? Is that even possible with standard single-wire audio wires? Ill add a picture of my PYLE harness when I get home from work in case I'm not being clear. Any help is MUCH appreciated :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so after reading the instructions (I know I know...) it says to cut the RCA ends and wire directly. Just want to confirm that's how you all do it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts