Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Scratch remover

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  gmitch23 
#1 ·
I was just looking at my car and it's completely covered in light scratches and swirl marks (like the last owner didn't give a crap)
So the scratch removers that are available to me are NUfinish, Mothers, Turtle Wax.

So, what's the best?

#8 ·
Try using a clay bar to get all the oxidization off, then use a good rubbing compound. Follow that up with a good wax, preferable a nano wax. That was what we used to use at the dealership I detailed cars for in college. It didn't take them completely away, but certainly helped to make them less noticeable. Meguiars has a decent product out called Ultimate Compound. Haven't used it myself, but I've heard decent reviews of it.

#9 ·
Tricia, that is going to take lots of work. It looks like the previous owner set heavy boxes on top then just dragged them off. Meguiars makes a DA correction system that works quite well (at least it does for me). You can find it at autogeek.net (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html). But I think that for what I've seen, you need the heavy guns. I'd recommend reading through Autogeeks forum. There is tons of good info there, plus you can ask questions and show them your pics of the scratches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.