Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting my car home I noticed a few scratches I didn't notice before I got it. Is there anything Dummy proof I can get to get rid of them or make them appear gone? Also there are a few scratches on the inside dash, is there anything for this as well? I chose the Black because I saw a scratch on the silver that I didn't notice on the black, now I think I must of been blind but I still love the car! Just need a little help to try to get rid of them. Once I've had the car for a while I may look into getting a new paint job, but I just gave them $15,400 for the car so I guess that will have to wait for now. :confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I let my husband drive my car for the first time yesterday to go shopping. When he got home I cleaned it to get all the road salt off of it and noticed scratches on my drivers side headlight. It's never been there before so someone must have pushed a cart into it or something. Is there anything I can use to smooth it out or fill it in or am I going to have to buy a new headlight? He said he's never driving it again because I'm to picky.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Depends on how deep it is. You could use a headlight restoration kit which will take some scratches and scuffs out. Or try wet sanding it and just keep using a finer grade of sand paper, becareful if you are going to sand it tho dont use too of an aggressive grit or you could do more damage :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
for the side of the car they have this scratch filler in the auto section of walmart - cheap and its clear so it goes on any color.
For the lights I used this Plasti-x stuff by Meguiars - just put it on light and buff. With a scratch you should be fine going by hand but it is AMAZING if your getting that fog/yellow buildup on your lights. Just go to town and they look like new (did it on my old passat).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for the side of the car they have this scratch filler in the auto section of walmart - cheap and its clear so it goes on any color.
For the lights I used this Plasti-x stuff by Meguiars - just put it on light and buff. With a scratch you should be fine going by hand but it is AMAZING if your getting that fog/yellow buildup on your lights. Just go to town and they look like new (did it on my old passat).
I went out and bought some Plasti-x and didn't have any luck with it. Do you have to put a lot on it for it to work? I might have to try it again today. I'll look for the scratch stuff for the side. Do you happen to know the name of it? Thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
If you have an electric buffer it will make it easy but yeah it will take some elbow grease

·
Registered
441 Posts
I used probably a shot glass or two worth (just drip it on though, it spreads far) and it took over an hour per headlight by hand. Rub it in circles just like you would waxing and work in small sections (like 2 inch by 2 inch spots) and you'll start to see the difference. You can get one of those buffer tips for a power drill (messy - why I went w elbow grease haha) and it goes by a lot quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts