Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Sea Foam Questions

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  WingZeroEddie 
#1 ·
Hey, so I have read a lot about this Sea foam stuff and how it supposedly does wonders. But still not to sure how to use it. Do I just put that stuff in the gas tank? Like the whole bottle?

Also...besides the gas tank, where can it be used and how exactly do I get to those places. I have a -9 G6 with the 3.5 V6. around 60k so I wanna give it a clean up as I bought it at 58k and I dont think it was maintained well at all.

#3 ·
The non-spray bottle you can just pour into the gas tank before you fill up. Make sure the tank is almost empty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I spray some seafoam into the throttle body after I clean it to touch up the intake mani.

#6 ·
Yep, they have tranny stuff also.

#8 ·
Sorry my mistake. But I did mean empty right before you fill up with gas. Thought that was understood, sorry.

#10 ·
I have a bottle of seafoam in the car so I checked it at lunch. I didn't see anything on there about half or full tank so I'm sticking with adding it to empty then filling with gas. That way it gets nice and mixed.

#12 ·
Exactly. Was getting coffee at the gas station a while back. I always put cream and suger in first then the coffee so I don't have to stir. A guy noticed and said "now there's someone who knows how to use gravity". ;-)

#15 ·
Hey guys. Been searching the seafoam threads, lots of greats advice but i still have a few questions. First of all, will seafoam possibly foul the plugs? Should adding seafoam to the vac line be done before the plugs are changed? what about the cat? Could it possibly make a failing cat even worse? Still having horrible acceleration issues and trying to eliminate the cheaper posibilities before i dive into a cat replacment. Going to pull and clean the throttlebody in a bit. Thanks in advance!

#16 ·
It could possibly foul your plugs or mess with the cat. I say possibly because it entirely depends how well its been maintained. But if you're going to be changing plugs either way, makes sense to do the seafoam before you change them. I also would not add the seafoam into your oil...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.