Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So the wife left the top down and it started to sprinkle within about 2 minutes we had the top closed and began to wipe down the seats, however, since then the airbag light started to come on once in a while for a day or two and now it stays on. we took it to the shop who stated that the seat senor needs to be replaced now at a cost of 600 dollars. does this sounds right or is there a way to reset these?
Thanks
Craig

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Not surprised at the cost as everything air-bag related seems pretty pricey. Probably best to bite the bullet and get it fixed, although I suppose if just means that the airbag will deploy no matter what I suppose you could just leave it as is, unless of course you have children who you're concerned about it injuring (personally I think the whole concept is a crock and would rather take my chances with the airbag deploying :rolleyes:).

·
Registered
25 Posts
That happened to my coupe, i left the windows cracked in hurricane like rain. I had over an inch of water on my floor and on my seats. Airbag light came on, I took it to the dealership, and they said same 600 bucks, i laughed in their face and left. However, my airbag light shut off two days after the rain and never came back on. So try giving it more time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.