Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap heated leather seats in my car that has cloth now. I already have a power seat and my question is how hard is it to hook up the heated part? Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Removing and installing the physical seats isn't that hard, it's two bolts at the rear of the tracks.
The heated seat portion is pretty self contained. All of the heated controls are mounted on the seat frame.
I don't recall the wiring setup, if part of the power seats or a separate connector.
I may have to look this week..

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here is the connector under the heated, power driver seat.
I haven't dug into it, but I'd suppose the wire goes for seat motor power, ground, heated functions, input and ground for the lighting on the heated seat switch and the seatbelt buckle switch.
Anyway, if you have the same, it's all prewired to plug in, not sure the specifics of relays and fuses upstream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Putting 2010 Seats In A 2007 Pontiac G6

Good Question Would Some Black Leather Heated Power Seats From A 2010 Pontiac G6 Fit And Work In A 2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L?

Front and Rear Seats

What would I have to do? Are they compatible?

·
2007 gt retractable
340 Posts
Putting 2010 Seats In A 2007 Pontiac G6

Good Question Would Some Black Leather Heated Power Seats From A 2010 Pontiac G6 Fit And Work In A 2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L?

Front and Rear Seats

What would I have to do? Are they compatible?
the back seats vary depending on the body style.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Manual cloth to power leather driver conversion was easy. No wire changes are required. Unbolt and bolt on only. Both sets of front buckets have heat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone done this on a HTC? I've got a '07 G6. Have been wanting to swap out my cloth for leather w/ heated driver seat since there isn't any power to the passenger. Just to match all I want to do them all the way around.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hopefully to clarify...when i say thedriver seat is powered i mean power adjustable. Both front seats had heat prior to the swap.
Also to clarify this car was never equipped to have air bags in the seats. So i was not rquired to install a new airbag .
Yes i did check with our technical people responsible for this!

·
08 convertible
244 Posts
Convertme, if you ever run across another set of those seats let me know. I've been looking for a while...Love that color combo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts