Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but I have a 2008 G6 GT convertible with leather and heated seats. The seat frame broke and I cannot find a replacement. I have looked everywhere online including junk yards and cannot find one that is less that $1200. Is there another car that I might find a similar seat to swap it with?? Clearly it will need to be recovered, but I cannot believe how much time I have spent trying to find one!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Double check car-part.com
With some assumptions, the max I saw was $550.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
That's an option as well.
Either way you get to skin it!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
08 convertible
358 Posts
Jespo,
Not clear from your post what exactly you broke and how you're doing your research, but clearly you're doing something wrong.

If you broke the metal frame and you are capable or rebuilding the seat, just buy any 2-dr (coupe or convertible) power seat in any condition and swap all the parts from your broken seat to the good frame. The new seat doesn't need to be in good condition, it just needs to have an unbroken frame. As of 5 minutes ago, I found more than a dozen on car-part within 200 miles of my location. All were under $200, some under $100. Some looked good enough to use whole.

If you're looking to find a complete seat in good condition and the right color, leather, etc. so you can do a simple swap-out, then yes, it will take you a while to find an exact match. But no, it's not that difficult and no it doesn't cost $1200.

Or you can have yours welded as Convertme suggested. Might be quickest and simplest depending on what and how it is broken.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts