Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent probably an hour searching, so pardon me if this has been exhausted....

We have an '06 GT with leather and heated seats. We bought it in the Summer a year or so ago. The guy assured me the seat warmers work and of course...They dont.

By your guys' experience do the switches go bad more often or the actual seat warmer itself??? The lights dont come on on either hi or low on either the passenger or driver side.

Any thoughts? I would really like to get these going for my wife without spending an arm and a leg.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I don't have a sense of which part of that system fails more commonly. Maybe someone else can help with that. I can say that throwing parts at problems often ends up costing more in cash & time than a proper diagnosis. A dealer's diagnosis generally runs about 100 bucks. Then you can decide if you want to DIY the repair.

There are two heated seat fuses: one in the rear fuse block & one in the cabin fuse box. But if one is blown (& I suspect it will be), a replacement will likely just blow also.

If you are good with a multimeter, PM me with an email address & I'll send the diagnostic chart from the GM Service Info.

edit: I talked to a friend who has more experience with heated seats & he said the problem is often with the driver's butt element as it gets the most flexing of the four.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My driver's side wires to the switch will come loose on occasion. I simply reach up under the plastic piece the switch is mounted to and push them back on. Not sure if you tried that or not

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 09 g6 v6 sedan that I purchased in May 08
The heated driver seat stopped working in Nov 11
Ended up being the element, luckily I had an extended warranty or it would have been $600

1 - 4 of 4 Posts