Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 G6, and my seatbelt chime and dashboard notifications (for BOTH driver AND passenger if there is a passenger) will go off 2, 3, 4 times, at random times, even for short rides around town.

I took it in to a GM dealer, who had it for several days, only to tell me that the seatbelt sensors are wireless, and there is some form of radio interference, i.e. my iPhone or other personal electronic devices are interfering with the signal... :confused::confused: Really? Yes, Really, that's what they told me.

-I find it pretty hard to imagine a vehicle manufactured after 2000 would have any issues with wireless interference from a damn cell phone...

Has anyone else had this issue? Do you cringe like me everytime it goes off and have to sit there and rebuckle until the next time it goes off? Oh and are they REALLY wireless sensors?

I need a fix on this if anyone has some advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Wireless my ass! I assume a service adviser told you that. There's a wired switch in the buckles of both the driver & pass seats. Is there another dealer you could try because that one is staffed by morons. Are you still under bumper-to-bumper?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the same problem. It happens if I'm buckled up or not. Never really dug into it to see what the problem is. My radio tends to drown out the sound most of the time. The only device in my car is my phone. And I've had more than one phone since the issue came to light. I don't see how that would cause it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have the same problem. It happens if I'm buckled up or not. Never really dug into it to see what the problem is. My radio tends to drown out the sound most of the time. The only device in my car is my phone. And I've had more than one phone since the issue came to light. I don't see how that would cause it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
The switch in the buckle is the usual culprit. Your cell phone plays no role in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts