Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
As far as the radio and seats staying on after the car is turned off, this is normal. My owner's manual calls it "Retained Accessory Power (RAP)" and says the power will stay on for 10 minutes or until any door is opened. - Mark

·
Registered
2009 G6 GXP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as the radio and seats staying on after the car is turned off, this is normal. My owner's manual calls it "Retained Accessory Power (RAP)" and says the power will stay on for 10 minutes or until any door is opened. - Mark
I have opened and closed the door and gone back out to the car and the seats and radio will still be on. I know in most cars it will stay on until a door opens. It isn't consistent either. Sometimes I will have to shut everything off manually and sometimes it will shut off when I open the door.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
have you got the original seats to the car?...i don't think the sedan seats are designed to fold. if you have a 2 door coupe they should fold forward

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have opened and closed the door and gone back out to the car and the seats and radio will still be on. I know in most cars it will stay on until a door opens. It isn't consistent either. Sometimes I will have to shut everything off manually and sometimes it will shut off when I open the door.
Perhaps the door open sensor is not working consistently. Maybe check that the interior dome light comes on reliably for each door opened?

·
Registered
2009 G6 GXP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you got the original seats to the car?...i don't think the sedan seats are designed to fold. if you have a 2 door coupe they should fold forward
I have a coupe. It has a button on the back of both the driver and passenger seat which should push it forward and it does not. So I was just looking to see if that's a common issue before I decide to buy new seats/re-apolster the ones I have.

·
Registered
2009 G6 GXP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Perhaps the door open sensor is not working consistently. Maybe check that the interior dome light comes on reliably for each door opened?
The light seems to work. I'll have to try a door sensor though. Thank you.

·
Registered
2009 G6 GXP
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm doing work at the moment I can snag one in a bit. They're are the heated leather seats. Driver side is power, passenger side is manual. Both have a button on the back to fold forward since it's a coupe so that you can get to the back seats and whatever mechanism or wire is in there is not working for both seats. The leather is kinda beat up. Just trying to see if this is a common problem and how expensive/difficult the fix would be. If I have to get new seats it's fine. I just don't wanna get them and this be a re-occuring issue.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I dont think you have the original seats! There is no button on the back of the seats. Only the lever as in the previous post. If you have an airbag ( I will try to find a photo) like this maybe you do have correct seats. There should one in the side bolster. If not you have the wrong seats.
if you have the wrong seat that may be causing your other issues. My guess is that someone tried to Wire in the wrong seats and botched the job. If so,How this Passed any kind of safety certification who knows?? If you bought from a used car dealer,I would go back to them,. Quickly, I would add!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts