Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had someone key my G6 which really pissed me off, and I was wondering if anyones gotten a decent security camera inside their car that would run for multiple days?

Theres some pretty low power consumption cameras out there that I know wouldn't eat up the batter I just can't seem to find something that looks like it'd work. I keep seeing cameras for driving purposes when you're car is on, not when its sitting in a parking lot or driveway.

I didn't see any threads on this and I was hoping someone would have at least tried something out.

Thanks, Jesse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
916 Posts
that is the best! i saw that before and still laughed! hahaha

all joking aside. You could buy a motion sensor like for outside lights in your house.
Im sure you could find a small one. This way it will activate the camera to record only at certain times. And you could use and external battery to power it all the time or just run it off an accessory fuse that always on in the car like your dome light.

I had someone steel stuff out of my car and i was so paranoid for a while but eventually gave up. Figuring it was just some random A hole or teenager.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Someone keyed my wifes car....may that made me soooo mad.
She was at work. She works at a freeeking toy store! She doesnt make anyone mad.

The assswhipe keyed both side quarter panels.
I pulled some favors and got a buddy to repaint & clear both sides for $350.
I provided the paint and I sanded.

Fixed:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sucks about your car too man. Hate how some people can be. The closest thing I could kinda find for what I was lookin for was this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Definition-Nanny-Camera-Police-Car-Truck-Cam-DVR_W0QQitemZ130375103435QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5af633cb

Has motion sensor and what not. Seems to be of decent quality video. I watched some online and it looked pretty good.....I'd just have to wire this in so it'd always be on, and I dont think it'd be able to drain the battery if the car sat for a week or two...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts