Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
There are a few people who have them and really like them. (there was a guy on here with a gxp that had them, idr his scn) Personally I like then and are next on my purchase list.

They do resemble out stocks a little too much, so a lot of people are against paying the high price for a minor upgrade.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's understandable since its a sedan. I just recently bought led bulbs and I don't know much about wiring and didn't put resistors is so they blink fast. But now that I found these they will definitely be up there on my list hah.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I just run the LED bulbs. I have the resistors in too and found the right combination to make everything work properly, If you do front and rear.

The wiring is actually incredibly easy to do and I can lend a hand if you'd like. Maybe snap some pics or something. But the resistors generate a lot of heat and you need to mount them away from plastic and such, So I had to pull the rear bumper to mount them in a safe spot, but it all worked out.

I like the look of those you posted but for that price I just can't justify it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I hear you on that! I have the Putco Neutron LEDs. 1 red pair for brake/tails 1 white pair for reverse. 1 pair alone cost $57 so those aren't cheap. If I were to buy resistors do I just need 1 for each brake/tail light? I don't understand. Since I have 4 total LEDs in the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You need one resistor for each tail light, and if you do the front turn signals you need one for each too.

These are the resistors I used for my rear lights:
http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper-Blinking-Warning-Signal/dp/B002CJQIGW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1341355997&sr=8-8&keywords=LED+Load+resistors

You just connect one end of the resistor to the wire that provides the turn signal power. and ground the other end. It just creates a load to trick the car into thinking a regular bulb is there.

The front lights require a larger resistor. But you won't need to worry about that just yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You need one resistor for each tail light, and if you do the front turn signals you need one for each too.

These are the resistors I used for my rear lights:
http://www.amazon.com/Resistor-Hyper-Blinking-Warning-Signal/dp/B002CJQIGW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1341355997&sr=8-8&keywords=LED+Load+resistors

You just connect one end of the resistor to the wire that provides the turn signal power. and ground the other end. It just creates a load to trick the car into thinking a regular bulb is there.

The front lights require a larger resistor. But you won't need to worry about that just yet.

Cruisin, i love these tail lights see them occasionally on all the sedan owners..im considering them myself however, you did mention there are a lot of drivers who dont want aftermarket lights that have the same shape and look...i wasnt aware there were any others that really were either a. compatible with our sedan or b. looked any good.

if you have examples please post..im shopping

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
These lights that BAK_yn posted:

Are really the only aftermarket tail light option available for the sedan, Both in clear and smoke (as pictured)

I just went with plain LED bulbs which I recently upgraded to Spider Lites bulbs. So I may be selling my old LED bulbs soon, maybe with resistors. But that's tbd.

here's what those bulbs look like:

That with these Resistors:

Should work out well with no hyper flashing

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I have those. They are beautiful and look like my g6 came with leds from the factory. Worth the price IMO. And they are bright as hell. Might be brighter than stock incandescent.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool. Glad to hear they are worth the price! I'll be purchasing them in the future!

·
Registered
474 Posts
mshinall; any pictures of the tails on your car?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
There are some pics in the member gallery. Just look for mshinall.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You know. I've always wondered if Tc tails would fit the G6. Looks incredibly similar and even has a similar body line. I'm just worried about the mounting side of it lining up. Maybe I can try and fit someones Tc tail light in my G6...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that would be awesome if you could since the only other sedan tails are expensive led and they basically look stock.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Well, using stock tC tail lights yeilds bad results, It doesn't fit properly.

So I wonder if the aftermarket lights are designed to be somewhat universal, so they'll fit both cars. But really I can't be sure.

If you bought it, and it doesn't fit, you'd have probable cause to return them to the seller, They said it will fit so if they're wrong they should honer it and do a return. Maybe it's worth a shot, but I don't have that money ha

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I went over to a tC forum an asked and they said that the bolts are in a different position and that the shape is slightly different. Oh well only option out now is Anzo Sedan LED. $250+ though :/

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea, that's why I decided to just do LED bulbs. I wanted the instant on and off look. Plus the low power consumption and brightness. I replaced the bulbs in both tail lights and high mount. Does the job for me, and a whole lot cheaper. but of course it doesn't give you the look that those aftermarkets do...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts