Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda new to this forum. Just got a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT not more than 2 months ago. I put a sub and amp in so far. Now I want to get started on doing some work under the hood.
I've been looking on this site and I've seen that everyone here recommends the CRABS for a cold air intake.
I like the look of it. I like that it's not expensive. I just want to know more of my options before I got diving into this.

If there is a way out there to "manifest" my own intake for pretty cheap I wouldn't mind giving that a try.

I also would like to know if the CRABS messes with check engine lights or MAF readings.
Thanks in advance for the help :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have Crabs and the FPU and i can tell you that it dooesnt mess with any sensors or anything.

·
Registered
441 Posts
the 2.4's will throw codes but I have the 3.5 and Crabs full system with the FPU and have zero codes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I don't want to spend all my money here, I was thinking of getting option 1 and then trying to find a pipe and a filter that fits my needs.
Is the pipe itself going to be hard to find...or am I going to have to get it in like 3 different sections and piece it all together.
Or am I just best off getting option 2.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I got a eBay intake and would recommend it. A lot cheaper than CRABS, but you get what pay for. Most of the benefit comes from the filter drop-in and heat shield.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Along with the filter and heat shield the fpu is all one solid piece which allows for around 24 % more airflow. I would recommend the fpu but I suppose if u can find a new one without having to piece it together give it a try. I just installed my crabs opt. 3 and fpu and felt immediate results. Best of luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha I think I'm just going to go with the Crabs.

I just got paid more than enough to cover the 2nd option along with a filter of choice. The only problem I pose now is can I get it shipped to me and not my "billing" address.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I pondered the same questions but I am the type that doesn't like to take chances or cut corners. Option 3 + 4 ftw. Just think of CRABS as a whole brand, I would hate to have a pontiac bumper and a subaru rear because it is cheaper. Just my opinion; good luck with whatever decision you make.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I pondered the same questions but I am the type that doesn't like to take chances or cut corners. Option 3 + 4 ftw. Just think of CRABS as a whole brand, I would hate to have a pontiac bumper and a subaru rear because it is cheaper. Just my opinion; good luck with whatever decision you make.
I'd be worried about why you put a Subaru rear bumper on a Pontiac car. Am I missing something? :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd be worried about why you put a Subaru rear bumper on a Pontiac car. Am I missing something? :confused:
lol, I guess so, wasn't being literal. Just making the point that mixing products is odd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts