Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across this website while looking for G6 stuff. It seems that Roush is working on the G6, as well as the GM performance division.

Pontiac ’s roomy new 2006 G6 coupe already has the looks and performance of a competition-inspired machine, so it doesn’t take much to boost the excitement factor. GM Performance Division built the G6 Performance Coupe to showcase how wild the 2+2 coupe could be with replacement body parts. Those parts include new front and rear fascias, new rocker panels and a large rear deck wing. Forgeline 19-inch wheels and racing-inspired Wilwood brakes complete the functional/stylistic additions.

Vehicle Highlights:

270-hp 3.9L V-6
6-speed manual transmission
New front/rear fascias and rocker panels
Body kit
New hood with scoops
Large rear deck wing
19-inch Forgeline wheels
Wilwood disc brakes
Driving lights
Leather-trimmed interior with contrasting stitching, including instrument panel, insert panels and rear quarter panels
Painted console trim bezels
Special door sill plates
Performance exhaust tips

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet!!! Now I'm pissed I already bought my coupe...... I wonder what brand of wheels are on the coupe?

·
Registered
557 Posts
S8ER99 said:
THe coupe actually looks pretty sweet. if it were RWD with ~300hp I bet pontiac would be selling them like hotcakes.
They've got one of those with more power- called the GTO, and they aren't selling like hotcakes at all. I actually like the sedan the best, but I'd leave the body stock and just go for the engine and brake mods myself.

·
Registered
532 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
I think he means a car that can compete with cars like the Infiniti G35, Nissan 350Z, and maybe possibly the new Mustang GT. If the G6 had about 270hp, it would be sweet. I'd keep the FWD though, better for winter driving.

Mike

Exactly. That and the GTo would have done better called something else. It got snobbed simply because of the history and its badge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better pics of that coupe they had:

I think it looks awesome.

Anyone know what exactly that bodykit/front bumper is, or is it just a one-of custom?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can someone please explain to me why anyone would buy a Honda or Toyota when these things are around???

They are very sweet. I hope Pontiac keeps producing stuff like this - change their "image problem."

·
Registered
465 Posts
rwbooth said:
Can someone please explain to me why anyone would buy a Honda or Toyota when these things are around???

They are very sweet. I hope Pontiac keeps producing stuff like this - change their "image problem."
Like you said, GM has an image problem. Quality, reliability, reputation, and value is what keep the Asian nameplates in business. Their cars set the standard for the industry in whatever market segments they compete in. However, one very important emotional factor they are lacking which Pontiac has is excitment. It's always exciting to drive a Pontiac. It may feel a little unrefined and a little coarse at the edges but it never feels boring to drive a Pontiac.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts