Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which sensors & switches do what? My top has been working well until last night. The trunk opens and the front latches unhook but thats where it stops. I appreciate any guidance you have

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know which sensors & switches do what? My top has been working well until last night. The trunk opens and the front latches unhook but thats where it stops. I appreciate any guidance you have

Cheers
Do you hear the hydraulic pump running while holding the button? Check, in the trunk, all the hydraulic rams for any leaks. Check for any loose, frayed or broken wires around all the hinges (stress points). There's some excellent threads on troubleshooting our convertible top issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have gone through the hydraulics and followed wiring for breaks. Everything checked out. Hydraulic pump is full. I detailed the car the other day and had the top down Im wondering if I bumped a switch or something while detailing. Had the back seat half out. Has anyone tried the link 400 scanner on these tops? Im considering ordering one

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have gone through the hydraulics and followed wiring for breaks. Everything checked out. Hydraulic pump is full. I detailed the car the other day and had the top down Im wondering if I bumped a switch or something while detailing. Had the back seat half out. Has anyone tried the link 400 scanner on these tops? Im considering ordering one

Cheers
I've attached SB 07-08-67-010C Switch Diagnosis for reference. Yes, you made need a Tech 2 scanner.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLondon, Thanks for the PDF. For what it costs I may as well order the ilink 400. If it is able to test switches and run tests its worth having

1 - 5 of 5 Posts