Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I need to reset the TPMS on my wife's 08 G6. We do not have keyless entry, and the procedure for resetting the system in the owners manual says

TPMS Matching Process for Vehicles
without Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the
engine off.
3. Using the Driver Information Center (DIC), press
the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time
for about one second. Then press and release
the INFO button until the TIRE LEARN? message
displays.
Sadly, the "Set/Reset" button is not found anywhere else in the owner's manual, and I tried combining with other buttons on the dash. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
441 Posts
the 'set/reset' button is the bottom left button that is an arrow pointing left.

When I did mine I had to press the unlock and lock buttons at the same time with the key in the on position. horn chirped and your on you way

lets us know

·
Registered
638 Posts
if its like the monsoon radio in my 08 GT and 09 GXP the "reset" button is the one used to set everything to zero (trip miles fuel econ avg mph etc) and is the button with the "enter arrow" on it

·
Registered
62 Posts
the arrow is the the return symbol from back when you had to return a typewriter's carriage..... not to get to far off topic. But most people now associate that with enter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
INFO set/reset buttons tpms relearn

I tried everything including the set/res buttons on the steering wheel. Nothing seems to trigger my tire learn mode. I already went to the owners manual and it says to (step 3) press the INFO and Set/Reset buttons at the same time for about one second. Then press and release the INFO button until the TIRE LEARN? message displays.

step 4. Press and hold the Set/Reset DIC button for approximately three seconds to start ethe TPMS learn mode.

That 4th step is when the TIRE LEARN? message appears, but i cant get that message to come on. I have a 08 G6 2.4l i dont have the keyless fob entry so thats not an option. There has got to be a way. Any thoughts? Help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have remote keyless entry, press the lock and unlock buttons on your remote at the same time until your horn chirps twice. Then it's a fairly long process, but an easy one.

First: Make sure you're near a air compressor.

Second: After the horn chips, go to the driver's side front tire and press the valve stem to release air from the tire until the horn beeps. This could take anywhere from ten to thirty seconds.

Third: Repeat above step on the Passenger's side Front, then Passenger's side Rear, then Driver's side Rear, in that order. The horn should chirp twice again, this signifies the learning is complete.

Last step: Re-inflate your tires to the recommended pressure and then remove the keys.

I hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
This process is really easy. Done it several times myself. Is pretty much a must after tire rotation. Another cool thing is that only the corner light for the tire you're checking is lit as you move around the car. Helps keep you in the right order.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car was fine but I took it to a local Pontiac dealership for a recall. Well one of my tire sensors were bad. So it read -- on the display. Well they checked it and then all said --. I replaced the broken one. I programmed them and it went fine but all still say -- .

What's the deal? How can I fix this myself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 'set/reset' button is the bottom left button that is an arrow pointing left.

When I did mine I had to press the unlock and lock buttons at the same time with the key in the on position. horn chirped and your on you way

lets us know
So after you hear horn chirp is that all you do or is that it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts