Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 09 G6 GT 3.5 w/AT. last week i was driving it a little hard and while braking coming to a stop i noticed a weird noise noise coming from the passenger side wheel and then the radio displayed a message of Service Traction Control and the T/C light came on in the instrument panel. the message went away but has been coming back on this past week. the only warning light that comes on is the T/C and no noise from the passenger wheel anymore since it did it that first time and hasn't since. anyone out there have this similar problem??? or any ideas what the problem could be????? thanks. Chris

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
have a 09 G6 GT 3.5 w/AT. last week i was driving it a little hard and while braking coming to a stop i noticed a weird noise noise coming from the passenger side wheel and then the radio displayed a message of Service Traction Control and the T/C light came on in the instrument panel. the message went away but has been coming back on this past week. the only warning light that comes on is the T/C and no noise from the passenger wheel anymore since it did it that first time and hasn't since. anyone out there have this similar problem??? or any ideas what the problem could be????? thanks. Chris
Unless you have access to a scan tool that can read ABS codes you're going to need a dealer to check for brake codes. The brake control module has detected a malfunction & disabled traction control & sent that message to the DIC. Could be as simple as corrosion in that wheel's speed sensor connector but it's generally just not a system most people have the ability to fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts