Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Troy
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 g6 GT 4spd 75800 Mi.
When I step on it I feel a shake in the pedal at high rpm's. I let go of the steering wheel and it doesn't shake. If I put it in neutral and step on it, the pedal doesn't shake.
Hope it isn't anything horrible, please help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm thinking cv joints. I doubt it's the tranny. Just think of a driveshaft u joint on a truck. When it's bad and you step on the gas it shakes. It only shakes under load which is what you're describing.

·
Troy
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it only does it under load. Ill get it checked thanks

·
Troy
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My passenger sway arm link is bent, could that be the problem?

·
Legend
782 Posts
I would just go ahead and replace it. I was looking on WWW.rockauto.com which has super cheap parts. And the sway or stabalizer bar end links are only like 18 bucks a piece.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Troy
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put my foot on the wheel well when putting my springs on and bent the sway bar link with my foot. Way to go me!

·
Legend
782 Posts
Haha damn that sucks. Yeah just replace it. It's a cheap enough part it won't break the bank.

·
Troy
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't wanna fight the sway bar n shock trying to put it back on.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. But stuff that has to do with my steering and suspension I just always want to work good and not have any defective parts. Bc that has to work 100% of the time bc it can cause serious injury or worse. If it was to fail at 80mph on the highway. Not saying it would. Just my own opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts