Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was told GM was going to do away with the larger antenna on the front of the coupe, but I guess not. I was strolling around the local dealership (in which I found a 6-speed, I will drive Monday and post thoughts/opinions) and I saw the antenna below...

What are your thoughts on it? I don't care for it...I think it might look better on the rear of the car...

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, yes, you make an excellent point..I forgot the G6's sunroof doesn't hide in the headliner... All I have to say is I'd rather have a shark fin on the front than those Onstar antennas on the windows.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree completley! :eek:

Those cars look like they could be a cellphone tower with all that crap on it... :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
My on-star antenna is in front of the sunroof, but is not nearly the size of the shark antenna. Mine somewhat blends in, but my car is black. I don't like the shark fin, it's way to big. My antenna sticks up about an inch and has the diameter of a pencil.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For 2006 G6 you only get a single antenna on front center roof. There are 3 versions of antenna depending on option you have on vehicle

The picture is of the 2006 combined OnStar/XM antenna. It performs GPS, Cell Phone features of OnStar as well as the satellite and terrestrial reception for XM.

If you have a 2006 vehicle with XM only you will have a very small square antenna.

If you have 2006 vehicle only with OnStar......well I haven't seen that one so not sure what that one looks like.
If you have a 2005 G6 the OnStar antenna is located on front center portion of roof. It doesn't have the shark fin but has a short rubber whip antenna

For the 2005 G6 the XM antenna is on rear center roof and is a much, much larger.
--------------
For 2006 the combination of XM antenna with OnStar antenna and front header location allows you to get the XM option on sedan with panoramic roof. You couldn't get that option on a 2005 Sedan with panoramic roof.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a G6 GT w/Onstar...I like the antenna..doesn't bother me a bit. WAY Better than the Jaws attacks fin up top....

Finally a new update I WOULDN'T want! LOL

SBM

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a G6 GT w/Onstar...I like the antenna..Small black one...looks kind of neat I think, doesn't bother me a bit.

WAY Better than the Jaws attacks fin up top....

Finally a new update I WOULDN'T want! LOL

SBM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts