Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2009 4-speed automatic G6 and I do not believe there is a dash indicator for the gear the car is in. On other cars I have owned there has been one in the instrument panel or the console had one in it. This one has the letters next to the shifter and they all light up if the head lights are on but I was just wondering if there was another that I am not seeing or is not working.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not sure if yours is like my 09 auto, but the 'gear number' only shows up when i move it to the sporttronic shifter and then it shows up in the bottom middle of the cluster - if its just on normal manual it doesnt show the current gear that it is in.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know mine is just the regular 4-speed automatic so I do not know if its supposed to indicate on the dash what gear its in. You have to look down at the console to see what gear its in. Its not a problem but my last GM car had it on the dash and you could also look down at the console to find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.