Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed lately that my transmission is having troubles shifting. Half of the time the 1-2 gear shift is stiff (always has been) and now the 2-3 gear seems to have mutated. By this I mean, the 2nd gear will shift from 3000 rpm to 2500 rpm then move down to 2000 rpm. All in for one gear shift. Almost makes it look and feel like my car is a 5 speed, but it is not.

Also, my driver side unlock/lock button (on the inside door) is losing the black paint to the point where it is chipping off and is almost all clear. Anyone have any solutions or ideas for remedying this?

I have a video of my shifting problem here.

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Over 70 views and not a clue?

· Registered
8 Posts
As for the transmission sounds like it may be slipping would take it to a tranny shop and have them drive it. usually you get free estimate. As for the button you can try to re-paint it or just replace the button can't be to much for a replacement.

If you get a replacement use clear nail polish on the button to protect it in the future. I had an impala with buttons on the steering wheel, finally got tired of replacing them so I used the nail polish and it worked

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
youtube is blocked here... your not throwing any codes?
Nope. No codes. Try watching the video when you get home. I'm going to get my car looked at sometime this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.