Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 G6? It's a rebuilt base sedan, 17,400 miles. Looks great. Appears to run great. (so far) Seems like a good price.

Are y'all happy with yours?

Another Q - may seem stupid - when you open the door, the radio is suppose to go off, right? I brought this up to the dealer and he said, "No - it is on a timer." I know they do have a timer that shuts it off if you do not open the door, but it IS suppose to go off when you open the door too, right?

Also, the dome light doesn't come on when I open the driver's door. It does with the other doors, just not that one. (this door was replaced)

How difficult would it be to fix something like this??

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
2008 G6? It's a rebuilt base sedan, 17,400 miles. Looks great. Appears to run great. (so far) Seems like a good price.

Are y'all happy with yours?

Another Q - may seem stupid - when you open the door, the radio is suppose to go off, right? I brought this up to the dealer and he said, "No - it is on a timer." I know they do have a timer that shuts it off if you do not open the door, but it IS suppose to go off when you open the door too, right?

Also, the dome light doesn't come on when I open the driver's door. It does with the other doors, just not that one. (this door was replaced)

How difficult would it be to fix something like this??
I would be very very leary of anything "rebuilt." Yes people can fix them up and make them look like new but there may be other ghosts in the car that may not show up until you've been driving it over time. See a few posts down (the person rebuilt a G6 after it was crashed and now it won't start). I really don't think it's worth the trouble and risk you're taking by buying a rebuilt car.

And yes, the radio is suppose to go off when you open the door. But considering the dome light doesn't come on when you open the door it's probably something with the door not telling the car that it's open. It's probably not a huge fix but still big risk to buy the car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts