Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
best way to wash your car if you cant do it yourself go to the brushless automatic washes, nothing touches your car but soap and water,after that dry the residue water with a microfiber towel wiping all bottom areas of the car with one towel and the top half part with another. I use ice detail but also speed demon carnuba wax detail I got at pep boys which leaves a beautiful deep shine while im drying last bits of moisture that the dryer didnt get. when your done your car will look like it just came from the detail shop

Hi everyone, I just want to chime in for a bit. The Newspaper method doesnt work just because a long time ago they used to use acetone in the ink which helped remove the streaks and oils on the window. Todays Ink does NOT have acetone in it so therefore will not work. I suggest using two microfiber towels to clean windows. One lightly misted with the window cleaner and another to follow up and remove any kind of left over cleaner or smears.

As for Washing the car. I suggest using the two bucket method.

Check the write up I did on this.

http://g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25726

Two things I cant stress enough is a grit guard and a Waffle weave towel.

Hi everyone, I just want to chime in for a bit. The Newspaper method doesnt work just because a long time ago they used to use acetone in the ink which helped remove the streaks and oils on the window. Todays Ink does NOT have acetone in it so therefore will not work. I suggest using two microfiber towels to clean windows. One lightly misted with the window cleaner and another to follow up and remove any kind of left over cleaner or smears.

As for Washing the car. I suggest using the two bucket method.

Check the write up I did on this.

http://g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25726

Two things I cant stress enough is a grit guard and a Waffle weave towel.
Cool post, feel free to post it here too we couild make it a sticky if a few other mods don't mind.

Something not yet mentioned (not so much dealing with the washing portion) is after having hand waxed, a small continuous portion of the wax remains along the edge meeting metal/fiberglass leaving a white residue. What I wouldn't give to have this residue permanently removed, but alas it remains.

I'm very careful when waxing but, nonetheless there are portions on the plastic that display this residue. Any suggestions from the forum...? My G6-GT is black. :confused:

Microfiber... it may be the greatest thing since sliced bread but, I can't stand the way it feels against my skin while using it. :eek: The method I use suits me just fine. :D

I haven't used it but the Turtle wax Black Box system makes sense to me if I had a black car. Otherwise the Turtle wax Ice system left no residue when I used it on my Jeep, including the rough plastic parts on the exterior.

I use the Turtle Wax Ice and love it. It'll actually make your black surfaces shine sort of like armor all. Only thing about is it won't last as long as the good old fashioned stuff. But it's worth it considering how easy it is to use. It won't leave a residue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.