Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 G6 base with 17" wheels. The tire size is 225/50R17. I will need new tires in the relatively near future and I noticed that most that are that size are expensive and more handling oriented and harder to find where I live in Canada. My main priority are long treadlife and traction (not handling). There are a number that come in 215/60R17.....but those are more than the recommended 3% larger. So my question:

Other than the speedo being off 5%, what are the issues.....I have heard brakes (due to more wheel to stop??) and transmission.....that one I don't really understand......so is it safe to get this size tire?

· Young Punk
76 Posts
If you're in canada like my, my advice is to just go pick up a set of nokian wgr-2s, they're rated for canadian winters, they handle water well, and they're good in the summer (I've had mine on since february, absolutely love them to bits).
we're basically screwed when it comes to picking up tires with our 225/50/17s, or at least that's what i've found.

· 07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE
122 Posts
Check on Tirerack.com the pricing i got for my 18" Eagles was easily 150 buck per tire cheaper even with the shipping.Had Can Tire install them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.