Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a possibility I can get Sirius on my aftermarket ken wood flat screen I put in my g6? Or do I have to buy a whole separate Sirius compatible radio?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Don't know about the Kenwood, you would likely need to contact them for model specific information. One thing to consider is the antenna. On the stock system I believe there is a shark fin on the roof of the sedan and for the convertible there is a squarish blob in the center of trunk lid.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't know about the Kenwood, you would likely need to contact them for model specific information. One thing to consider is the antenna. On the stock system I believe there is a shark fin on the roof of the sedan and for the convertible there is a squarish blob in the center of trunk lid.
On my 2007 convertibles there's a black rubber antenna on the drivers side rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
347 Posts
On my 2007 convertibles there's a black rubber antenna on the drivers side rear quarter panel.
My understanding is that this is for the analogue (AM/FM) signal. Mine has the Monsoon system with factory XM. I have the rubber antenna and the blob in the middle of the trunk.

·
Old far...er...tinkerer..
303 Posts
Is there a possibility I can get Sirius on my aftermarket ken wood flat screen I put in my g6? Or do I have to buy a whole separate Sirius compatible radio?
What model Kenwood is it? If I can look up the manual on the web, I can give you some specifics.

Generally speaking, most aftermarket radios have a proprietary interface and also a simple aux in. I've used stand-alone satellite receivers (ie, with their own controls and display) connected to the aux in. This works well if you have a separate docking station. I can take mine out of the car and move it to the docking station in the garage and listen to ball games while I'm working no my old beaters :)

With the proprietary input, you use an embedded satellite receiver for Kenwoods. (It goes in the trunk or under the seat or maybe in the dash). Its controls are accessed thru the radio. As far as I know, this is all you get with a "satellite-ready" aftermarket radio - you'll still need a separate satellite receiver and antenna.

HTH.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts