Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I wanted to take off the plastic skirts off my 2007 G6 to see how bad the rust is. However I have no idea how to take them off, I've tried searching all over the web for a video on how to take them off but all I got was results for a pontiac grand prix and not a pontiac G6 2007. I attempted to take one side off but I think I was breaking it while doing so. Has anyone done this and could tell me how to do it properly?

P.S. How was your day so far?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure what you mean exactly? If you are talking about the plastic trim that covers the rocker panels, there is a small screw at end of the trim inside the wheel house that needs to be removed first. (7 mm wrench or Phillips screwdriver required) the length of the trim is held on by those plastic push in tabs. I never have had much luck getting them off without breaking some of them. T the tabs or pins can be replaced but the trim can also be replaced but will cost you much more money. So be careful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I meant the plastic covers. Do you think buying a trim kit would be a better fit than trying to mount the stock one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
You are asking me to answer a question that I can not answer with confidence. What kind of trim kit? Why not use the stock one? Is it broken? If stock is good, why not use it? Is there any modifications required for the trim kit you are referring to?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts