Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 G6 GT with only 33,000 miles that seems to have a rough/slow idle/trouble starting at times and the temp can run 220ish when sitting at a light or drivethru is that normal? Im a car tard, anyone have an idea what it could be? I hate taking it to the shop before I have an Idea whats wrong.

·
Registered
195 Posts
rought starts are normal ... they all do that ...

about the temperature i'd check the anti-freeze ... big reservoir under the hood ... kind of in the back of the engine ... it has red fruid in it ... see if there's any in there or not.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My 2007 G6 idles rough from day 1, took it to the dealer and they said it's normal. Looked at other G6s, some idles silk smooth and some idles rough. Guess that's just the way these engines are.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a '96 Monte Carlo with 3.1 engine, bought it brand new. When I first got it, you could not even hear it run. I had it in my garage, showing it off to my cousin, a few weeks or so after I got it. He asked me to start it up, only it was already running. This thing was quiet. Then about a year and a half later, around 20,000 miles or so, it sounded like a desil sitting there idling, just chugged. I took it back to the dealer, still under warranty, they said that there was nothing wrong, that just how it was. I was not really satified by this response but also didn't know any better (young). I even took it back another time still nothing wrong. Don't take their word for it, like I did, just the way it is, I don't think so. Another 30,000 miles later the thing seez up just under 50,000 miles. My advise, keep taking the thing back and complaining. Make a paper trail with the complains, that way when it finally goes you can say I been bring it back and you couldn't find it well now we both know. Sorry if that one sounds kinda disgruntled but it still gets me. Cost me $1500 to drop a new engine in it. I unloaded it 6 months later to a dealer for a Grand Prix. Funny thing two weeks later my car was in the local paper, it had been stolen and totaled. I have had good luck ever after that but I switched to Pontiacs and Buicks. If it runs ruff that shouldn't be normal, my 07 G6 4 cyl. runs smooth with 22,000 miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts