Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;

Just bought a used 2006 G6 GT, 2 door.
I've noticed a few minor things that I'm in the process of fixing, but a few things I'm not too sure about, as I didn't get the manual with the car.

I've noticed the fog lights work, but the LED on the button will start out flashing at a normal pace, then slow down, then just sporadically flash in a random pattern. Is it a wire short? Bad LED? Something bigger?

Also, only once I've had happen in the month I've had the car. The wipers went up to about 80% height and stayed there. I had to hold the button to make them go all the way to the left, then back down. I unfortunately haven't been able to reproduce this problem again, but wondering if anyone knows if it's the beginning of a larger problem.

I have already replaced the intermediate steering column, as it seems to be a common problem after reading through some other members' problems, and I too think my rear passenger side speaker is either on the fritz, or something is loose. I have my bass turned down to about 30% (vs. 50% in the middle), and the volume of the stereo below 25%, and the music is still fantastically loud, but the rear right speaker makes a rattling noise. Hopefully it's just the plastic around it, or something dynomat can fix.

Anyhoo, thanks for any help, look forward to contributing where I can.

Thanks.

· GTP 06
588 Posts
as for the fog light light, that could mean that one of your fog lights are burnt out, also could be the led in the button going bad. LED's tend to do that before they just don't come on again kind of like the flashing Christmas light bulb.

Wipers, sounds like the wiper park switch/sensor threw a fit or jammed.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. Both fog lights are definitely still lit, so it looks like it may be the switch. The switch didn't even light up this morning on the way to work, is the slow flashing LED a common problem? Has that switch gone for anyone else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.