Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some slippery snow last night and I got a good chance to try out the snow tires I mounted a few weeks ago. My car is a G6 GT that had the 17" continental tires. They were really bad in the snow and I was afraid my 16 year old daughtrer would get into trouble with them this winter. The new tires are 16" Bridgestone Blizzaks mounted on Malibu Max wheels (Bought on E-Bay). The Blizzaks made a huge difference in handling the slippery conditions and I would recommend them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 17" Continentals also. The weather has been very unusual this year so we haven't had to much snow. May purchase snow tires next year. Out of curiosity, what tire size did you go with (225/50-16, 205/60-16, etc)?

Al

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 215/60/16 used tires out of the classified ads. They were only used last year and had at best 3K miles on them. I got lucky since I paid $300 for the tires on BMW 5 series wheels. I turned around and sold the wheels for $306 on E-bay so the tires were free. I did have to pay $330 for the aluminum Malibu Max wheels on E-bay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big Al...I am in Calgary, and I agree, this weather has been the best for winter that I can remember...the one bad snowfall we had here when I was leaving the university late at night I was slippin all over the place. 200 hp is no good on freezing rain!! I will get winter tires next year though, if it is really icy. The stock tires are no good on slippery snow and ice.

I tried to get snow tires in December but no one had the right size, they said not til this October. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts