Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving along and there was a Toyota Camry next to me. My driver side door was about even with their back door. I knew they were going to do something stupid..I just had a feeling. Laura even said "you know they are going to switch lanes". I continued along and sure enough...they started coming over with no signal. I was frozen in thought... If they hit me hard enough my G6 would be gone. If they hit me and just do some minor damage I will get stuck with some POS rental and end up getting back my G6 which 'would never be the same'. *sigh*.. I slowly made my way to the curb while braking as they came over and somehow they missed. (visual assesment would have them somewhere between a 1 to 2cm away from me :eek:). I layed on the horn and the guy snapped to attention and noticed me in the mirror. :eek: How do these people get their license renewed??? :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know the feeling man! Seems like it happens to me every day! So i just drive faster than everyone else, that way every one in front of me will get out of my way.... works for me... anyways stay safe out there!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know how you feel. One day I was going through downtown saline and the traffic in the lane next to me started to stop and the guy adjacent to me jerked the wheel and cut me right off to avoid stopping..... It all happened so fast....all I could do was put the car into a skid and practically went up over the curb. What pissed me off is that he didn't even know he did it. So, at the next light I told him he was #1 and cut him off :cool:

If I had the money, I would have this baby mounted on my car somehow.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to just rev when I had my old car... you could have your radio cranked and you would FEEL me. LOL People always got out of the way. I revved the G6 at someone one day and realized...I can't even hear this thing and I am sitting it it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I drive the turnpike everyday to work, so i see a lot of crazy things. Has anyone ever noticed that if you are using your cruise, and let's say it's set for 70, and you slowly pull up and start to pass another, slower car, they will start to spped up and try to match your speed and keep even with you. The only way to pass is to accelerate hard, pass , then pull back in. Then they will go back to their normal speed ! Must be a psychological thing about being passed. Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
musicman8120 said:
I drive the turnpike everyday to work, so i see a lot of crazy things. Has anyone ever noticed that if you are using your cruise, and let's say it's set for 70, and you slowly pull up and start to pass another, slower car, they will start to spped up and try to match your speed and keep even with you. The only way to pass is to accelerate hard, pass , then pull back in. Then they will go back to their normal speed ! Must be a psychological thing about being passed. Drives me nuts.
pet peeve right there. i find it amusing to drive with the cruise on due to those reasons. you'll be coming up on someone steady, they'll speed match, slow down, speed up, match again, all the while you've kept steady speed. definitely going to have to get aftermarket cruise on the new baby...

·
Registered
142 Posts
My pet peeve is when Im cruisin about 75 slowly catching up to the line of cars clearly going about 65. I move into the passing lane when all of a sudden the last car in line decides it doesnt want to be passed. So they pull out to pass the line of cars as well but only go about 70 to do it (notice anything wrong here) and even tho they see me going faster then they are going to go they continue to stay in the passing lane forcing me to rail on the brakes when all they had to do was either wait for me to pass them or hit the damn gas!!! Uggggh ruins my whole driving mood when that happens!

·
Registered
114 Posts
SimplyRed said:
My pet peeve is when Im cruisin about 75 slowly catching up to the line of cars clearly going about 65. I move into the passing lane when all of a sudden the last car in line decides it doesnt want to be passed. So they pull out to pass the line of cars as well but only go about 70 to do it (notice anything wrong here) and even tho they see me going faster then they are going to go they continue to stay in the passing lane forcing me to rail on the brakes when all they had to do was either wait for me to pass them or hit the damn gas!!! Uggggh ruins my whole driving mood when that happens!
that too. isn't it funny how you almost always know they're going to do it too? (at least i do...)

anyways, glad to know you're ok!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I almost got into a head on wreck because someone did that. I pulled out and went WOT...they pulled out ahead of me and went extremely slow passing (I think they passed with cruise control still on).. so I slowed down behind them but didn't notice a car had pulled out ahead coming at us. So the van jerks back over at the last minute and left me head on with the other car. Lucky for me the guy next to us was paying attention and had backed way off so I had room to get in. I know it was partially my fault for passing with the other person but damn if they had just stayed put instead of cutting me off on my pass. Grrrr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I am not as lucky as you all. Last Friday I got in my first G6 accident. I was driving through a greenlight when a car coming the opposite direction made an illegal left turn on a red arrow in front of me and I clipped the back side of their rear bumper as I was skidding into the intersection. They pulled over for a second and then drove off quickly before I could get their information. So not only is the damage on my insurance now, it's not even higher value than my deductible so it leaves me paying purely for it on my own. Luckily I am a car salesman at a Pontaic dealer, but WTF was that woman thinking, if anything? Starbucks will still be there after the light changes!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've had my G6 for about a month now. Almost been in three accidents, none of which would have been my fault. One made me so angry I don't care to recount it right now, but the latest happened today. Driving down the road and some woman (of course) starts to pull out as I drive past, almost plowing into my back end. I assume she didn't even look in my direction to see if the coast was clear. She managed to stop just in time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They hit you and left the scene?? Didn't you get the plate #? Thats instinct for me.. if they drove away I would have been in pursuit while on the phone with the police!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lucius said:
Driving down the road and some woman (of course) starts to pull out as I drive past, almost plowing into my back end.
That wasn't nice!! :(
FYI.....
I was on the interstate last week in the passing lane going about 80mph, with the flow of traffic in the passing lane. I couldn't go any faster due to the cars infront of me and from out of no where this car comes flying around me only to run up on the slower traffic, luckily for this man I was keeping a little space between me and the car in front of me, he cut me off and I had to slam on my brakes, but little did he know my husband was in front of me and saw it all, so husband slows down and they man had to get back behind the slower cars to make his exit. So see it's not just women drivers. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I seen a G6 on the side of the road today in town that had been hit in the front fender. The front tire was broke right off yet the body damage was minimal (only needed a fender replaced). The G6 must not be very tough as they were only in a 30mph zone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
G6~Mike said:
I seen a G6 on the side of the road today in town that had been hit in the front fender. The front tire was broke right off yet the body damage was minimal (only needed a fender replaced). The G6 must not be very tough as they were only in a 30mph zone.
they're built to crumble around you, but keep you safe. that way you hit a patch of ice going around a turn, slide into the curb, and instead of flipping over, the wheels will just buckle and hopefully you'll slide on. depends on how you look at it, but i'd rather slide down a hill than roll down one IF possible...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts