Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking at making some adjustments to the handling; my main concern is that the factory handling isn't very bad, I actually like it. I've never done any work on this type of thing and I figured I could also lower my girl a bit while making her handle a bit...better (?)

Was wondering if this were at all possible with the model I have (2.4 4-door), and exactly what the gains/losses may be?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I have my 2.4 4-door lowered on SSC springs. That with a strut tower bar and much better tires makes a HUGE difference in handling.
Although the ride is stiffer and some bumps are a bit harsher, you also have to take more care on curbs and speed bumps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my 2.4 4-door lowered on SSC springs. That with a strut tower bar and much better tires makes a HUGE difference in handling.
Although the ride is stiffer and some bumps are a bit harsher, you also have to take more care on curbs and speed bumps
I've been looking at the route I take normally. There are no (Awesome! :eek:) curbs, so I thankfully can knock that off of my stress-meter :rolleyes:

I really don't think the factory handling is too bad. I am looking at a strut bar, it seems like an easy enough improvement. and I would love to stop the body rolling. My wife really, really, REALLY hates it. :cool:

Thank's for the replies :beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problem, a stb makes a night and day difference
I'm looking at two...Lampoon's thoughts on the matter are messing with my head.

I originally wanted/had my eyes on(I believe this is the one) ZZPerformance's Top of the line Strut bar (Believe it came/comes in silver...that's the biggest distinction). Lampoon however swears that this would be a bad idea. He has a TON of good information when it comes to the '6's.

I kinda like Racing-Lines, it however seems too...plain for my taste...(I know, it's just a bar).

Seems it's Modify the car (Something that I've done a lot, and too me isn't too bad) VS. Modify the Product (I really, REALLY don't like the sound of that).

Would love more opinions on the matter.

Eibach Springs and a STB. I like the way this sounds, to start off. :D:cool::D

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I didn't know ZZP made one for the G6, I know there's the racingline (I have one) and there's also a GM one. The racingline rubs on the hood a bit, but not a big deal in my book.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know ZZP made one for the G6, I know there's the racingline (I have one) and there's also a GM one. The racingline rubs on the hood a bit, but not a big deal in my book.
Then Racingline it is! Thank's a ton.

You've been very helpful and in such an awesome time frame on responses too (working 12 hours, security isn't a whole lot of fun, thankfully they finally put in some desktops-Thank's Cap. you really improved moral :D), I'll probably start bugging the hell out of you when I get the wrench out....

Sorry in advance. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Hey no worries! I know some run the GM stb with good results. Not sure if that rubs the hood too though...
I work third shift myself so I'm lurking on here a few times a night thanks to the autoguide app

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
+1 for autoguide app and +1 for racingline stb. Just put one in a few months ago and it is great. Like Cruisin said, it rubs a little on the hood but not bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts