Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i debadged my car and spray painted them a glossy black and at first it was looking really nice but over night it just dried up really gross and i looked through some threads and i found allot of people using plasti-dip. and thats what im probably going to do as well, but first i want to get the black spray paint off, how can I get the paint off without damaging the letters, i.e. chipping the chrome paint off? i dont want to just plasti-dip over the spray paint because i want a even surface so it looks clean, Please help!:eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would just scrub it with some rubbing alcohol or paint thinner. i woulndt worry too much about the chrome if your plastidipping them anyway.
how are you going to stick them back to the bumper?

·
Lover of Bacon
84 Posts
i would buy new decals, dip those and put them back on but again personal preference lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
you wont even need to take the old paint off if ur using plasti dip. that shit sticks to eeeevveryy thingg
If the surface isn't even, the new paint is just gonna look just as bad as the paint underneath. Any painted surface will only look as good as what is underneath it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ima try use the paint thinner i just want the surface to be nice and even i dont want a shit looking job. i like the debadged look as well but i wanna try the black emblems for a while. so tomorrow im buying the plasti dip and getting it done the right way!

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
After removing all the letters and the badge. I'd imagine getting it back on there centered, straight and even would be fun.

But I agree with what everyone says. So much cleaner... :D

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Isn't that a song? "Black that thing up!"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That looks hella clean!, i have a white coupe soo it should be extra crisp ha, and haha yeah thats michael jacksons favorite song when he was a kid

1 - 20 of 45 Posts