Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and since im in my last month of college things are really crazy and i dont have the money to get another one does antone know how i could wire a light up for the time being? and when they took the light they also took the wires that run from the light to the connecting bracket.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
and since im in my last month of college things are really crazy and i dont have the money to get another one does antone know how i could wire a light up for the time being? and when they took the light they also took the wires that run from the light to the connecting bracket.
umm.. Sooo.. they got into your car, bypassed all the goodies, dug through the mambo jumbo in the trunk just to get a tail light? or did they just crowbar it out from the outside? There are some sites that make replacement parts pretty cheap. I got a headlight assemb. after hitting a deer for about $100. perfect match. also on rockauto.com you can find the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
something doesnt sound right here.....

ok...come clean. You got drunk, backed into a tree and need an
excuse to tell Mom & Dad....?? lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lampoon i wish it was like that lol but i guess they got something between the light and the body of the car and ripped it out, but they didnt scratch or dent anything. but its the passenger side. and im talking about the wires that run from each individual bulb to that connector piece you have to undo in order to take out the whole tail light.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Insurance????????????? I'm still confused on how they got the taillight out without scratching anything. Were the nuts missing from the inside? They had to open the trunk. If you dont have the money depending on your insurance and deductable theft or vanadlism would be covered. But if you dont have the money I'm sure your parents could spot you for a tailight assembly, they do care for your safety right? I mean you need brake/tail lights.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Okay, my G6 (R) tail light gets loose every so often. If I don't get into the trunk and put a wrench on it I'm sure it would fall off. Could this be what happened here?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well when i went to the trunk of my car that morning at school to get my stuff it was there and when i got out of class it was gone... talked to the parents and thet said the deductible would be more than just buying the light and a buddy at school owns a paint and body shop and he said hell check the price he can get that light at and sell it to me at that price if it helps me any. so hopefully i get good news on monday from him.

nuts in the trunk lmao!

Thanks for all the help and opinions!

·
Registered
555 Posts
try a wrecking yard or some place where they take wrecked cars and check there. there is always a possibility a g6 didnt get too smashed up.

but that may be too time consuming...maybe thats cuz im still looking for bumper cover since Feb 09. usually wrecked cars dont have a bumper left lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.