Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work when a couple of hoodlum kids thought it would be funny to steal the Pontiac arrowhead off of the back of my car. We watched the security tapes and you can see the kids take a knife to my badge. I had already ordered the gray carbon fiber overlays, but I feel like it's not going to sit right on the badge anymore. Anyone have any clue about this? Were the overlays made to sit on top of the original arrowhead, or were they meant to replace them? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
They took the red insert and not the entire badge? What a couple of idiots. I'm pretty sure the overlay is meat to sit over the red insert. It may sill work but not sure, but you can pobabky find a new badge on amazon or eBay for a pretty good price.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
The overlays are thin pieces of vinyl meant to go on top of the red insert. If you don't want to order new badges, since you're covering them up anyway, just find some thin plastic and shape it to fit in the chrome piece.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not a bad idea, do you think that 3M adhesive would work for hot and humid conditions? The weather here is bipolar, it was 103 yesterday, and 63 the day before that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
you could also put a little bit of bondo in there and use a dremel to sand it smooth all around the edges and what not and hey you could try to put the overlay inside without the red, it might look cool. and now that i think about it as ive been typing this post. i just debadged my car and i have my trunk arrowhead stuck to my front door right now lol. i guess i could hook u up if u dont find another solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts