Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
rim fitment

k, so i have an 05 g6 gt, and have the opportunity to maybe grab some 18" chrome solstice rims. i've looked around and heavne't found a clear answer. i know the bolt pattern is the same but the offset is different. i've also some pics of 6's with the solstice wheels mounted. i'm just wondeing what it would take to put these wheels on my car with no issues, eg.rubbing. thanks

· Administrator
4,330 Posts
found this on the other site, but dont know if they're the same wheel:

The bolt patter is correct but the offset is off, so you need spacers to offset the difference.
The issue with using spacers is that they cut off some of the stud, so there is only a small amount that sticks through the wheel.
You can purchase extended lug nuts (some one on here has a link to them) which have a longer tapered neck, so they can go through the wheel's stud holes and grab the extra threads.
Hope this helps

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks for the answer. i didn't bother with them, it's not worth the trouble. i have another question though now. i have a line on a set of 18's with a 5x112 bolt pattern, rim width and tire size are good. i know i saw a guy before selling a set of rims with a 112 pattern on a g6 before, and i'm just wondering if he had the holes drilled out or if they'd fit with no issues-probably put strain on the studs i'm thinking??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.