Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go outside this morning to bring some garbage to the garage and what do I see, egg shells all over the passenger side door of my G6. Some punk-ass kids have nothing better to do than to vandalize my new car. I quickly washed off the egg in like 0 degree C weather this morning, but it had already started eating away at the paint. If I ever find the losers who did this, they will be sorry.

I filed a police report, and now need to get an estimate done for the insurance company on having the passenger’s side door repainted.

:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, you are absolutely right it could have been a lot worse. I got an estimate today on the repairs and it is going to cost about $700 CDN. The whole passenger side of the car needs to be repainted to be able to blend to repainted area into the rest of the car. The guy at the body shop said eggs are bad news for paint but supposedly a can of coke can do much more damage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anth_97 said:
Do you really need to paint the door after an egg hit? My 97 Monte got hit with eggs. I just washed and waxed the hell out of that area and you could not tell. Mind you mine was red.
I wish that was an option, but it had already eaten thru the clear coat and removed some of the paint by the time I was able to wash it off. I am not sure at what time it happened but I did not notice the eggs until late morning so it could have been sitting on there for at least 8 to 10 hours.

·
Registered
199 Posts
mchip said:
ya, you are absolutely right it could have been a lot worse. I got an estimate today on the repairs and it is going to cost about $700 CDN. The whole passenger side of the car needs to be repainted to be able to blend to repainted area into the rest of the car. The guy at the body shop said eggs are bad news for paint but supposedly a can of coke can do much more damage.

Thats pretty cheap for a paint job.
After my bonneville was repaired/repainted I got a quote to get the spots on the car re-painted that were factory paint so that it would match perfectly all the way around. Just to paint the passenger side doors, rear quarter panel, bumper and decklid was $1000USD.
I think they charged $2000USD to paint the rest of the car and it looks amazing...better than factory.
I decided to pass on the paint since I couldn't tell the difference, but it just bothers me knowing that its not perfect :)

mchip, I think I would rather have someone egg my car than have my wife take it back through the cloth wash :eek:
At least that way you can get it repaired as a vandalism claim :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.