Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my g6 gt 3.5 sometimes verry rare will not start unless i push the gas peddle down. the car gives no error codes. during starting the car sounds like it is starving for gas but like i said this is sometimes like once a month. do you guys have any idea what this could be? i noticed this with my monte carlo to never got it fixed

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Does it only happen at the gas station right after fueling up?

Are you saying you are flooring the accelerator pedal or just pressing it part way down?

Could be a fuel pump issue. I just don't have near enough info.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesnt happen at a gas station. it happens randomly just about anywhere but its not frequent at all it only happens once a month maybe. and once i press the gas it doesnt have to be floored while the car is starting it will come on and run wit no problem.and i dont think its a fuel pump issue because the car is getting gas on time once its started.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try cleaning your throttle body.

I had the same startup problem, and this solution seems to have fixed it. Please let us know if this works for you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe try some lucas injector and tank cleaner? Had this problem with my kia, added some lucas, filled up, and never had the problem again. Sometimes the injectors just need a good cleaning. Just an idea. Might want to check your inline fuel filter, this is one thing most people often overlook. Would be surprised at the nastyness you see with one of those.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Maybe try some lucas injector and tank cleaner? Had this problem with my kia, added some lucas, filled up, and never had the problem again. Sometimes the injectors just need a good cleaning. Just an idea. Might want to check your inline fuel filter, this is one thing most people often overlook. Would be surprised at the nastyness you see with one of those.
GM quit using inline fuel filters a number of years back. The filter is integral to the pump assy.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Really? Aww that sucks!
Debris is trapped out before it reaches the pump & you have to try pretty hard to clog the large surface area of the debris screen. Most manufacturers have followed suit over the past 10 years. It's actually been a real step forward in reducing maintenance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Didn't realize they quit doing that. :D The inline's was quick and easy to replace, but if it cuts down on then maintenance then sounds pretty wicked!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts