Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Someone Has To Know This!!!!! Help Please!

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mjgonegm 
Your car is evil, the only thing i could think of about the revving would be the throttle body acting up. Since it's drive by wire and all, but there failsafes to keep that from happening..

Any water damge? Is your 6 a swimmer or a floater?

Also Jet did you forget THE BCM records the mileage, Not the ecu and IIRC it controls the starter solenid too, which would explain that.

If ti is the BCM It's either

Water Damage
Simply a busted BCM
Pinched wire

ya the body control module thingy. Thanks for the correction.

Wonder if the plug is loose on that? If the car is used some one may have been jacking around with that.
Don't Worry Between the BCM, PCM and THE ECU I get confused some times too lol

It might Just be your cluster Michelle or a wire short. You really need to take it in to the dealer messing with that could provoke the anti theft System

Well I took my car in to the dealer and as for the dash the bullitin above IS the fix. But apparantly it doesn't always work and it's not worth dishing out for. (More than one mechanic advised not bothering on this). As for my speedometor, It WAS my CLUSTER. It needs to be replaced. All the guages were going funny. Thank god I kept track of my milage!

Thanks again to all!
I knew it!!!

Same issues on the malibus the cluster would go wacky a. becuase it was bad or B. becasues the harness was chaffing.

The new camaros two but there was a simple fix the neddles were just on to tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.