Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Someone Has To Know This!!!!! Help Please!

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mjgonegm 
#1 ·
I`m the one who wrote in "HELP MY SPEEDOMETOR HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN".

Tonight the strangest thing happened with my 2005 G6.

I was in a parking lot going about 10kms, when the car reved itself and jerked forward.

I went from 40114km to 41114km on my car.

What the heck is going on with this car?

Would a computer re-set help? or am I just having engine problems already.

Let me mention, Im also having the rough start on cold start. - Yet every time I take it in to a dealer, apparently the car doesn't do it for them. So they will NOT do anything to fix it according to the bullitin untill it does it for them.

Any ideas out there?

:confused:

#2 ·
Have you had your car exorcism? It sounds like it is possessed by the devil.

Really I looked on all data for some symptoms but could not find any.

Do you have a check engine light that has come on?

You may try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it. Turn off your radio before you do it though.

Let me know what happens.

#4 ·
Your car is evil, the only thing i could think of about the revving would be the throttle body acting up. Since it's drive by wire and all, but there failsafes to keep that from happening..

Any water damge? Is your 6 a swimmer or a floater?

#6 ·
Your odometer that records mileage or KM jumped 1000 KM..correct?

That sounds like an ECM problem. You had mentioned "rough start on cold start"...do you mean the starter hangs or stays on after key is released from start position? If so that MAY require an ECM flash by the dealer and there is a service bulletin on it. Bulletin No.: 03-06-03-001D. the service bulltin says this is normal condition but there are several people on this board who had a ECM flash that corrected the problem.

Never heard of the odometer jumping 1000KM or miles so I cant help you there.

Note the odometer reading before you disconnect the battery and see if it's the same after you reconnect it.

#7 ·
Also Jet did you forget THE BCM records the mileage, Not the ecu and IIRC it controls the starter solenid too, which would explain that.

If ti is the BCM It's either

Water Damage
Simply a busted BCM
Pinched wire

#10 ·
Well I took my car in to the dealer and as for the dash the bullitin above IS the fix. But apparantly it doesn't always work and it's not worth dishing out for. (More than one mechanic advised not bothering on this). As for my speedometor, It WAS my CLUSTER. It needs to be replaced. All the guages were going funny. Thank god I kept track of my milage!

Thanks again to all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.