Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my EE's a couple weeks back and I have to say I am a bit disappointed. Why?
1. IMO the halos are not that bright. I can't run them at night like current BMWs.
2. Leak in one light. I washed my car today for the first time since installing them and fog built up on the interior of the plastic.

Anyone know how I can solve either of these issues?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
They are plenty bright. over 4x that of spyders. Mine are visable during day time hours and get looks fairly often.

Cant run them at night?....mine run night and day...:S? wth u talking about?

Dunno about the seal, neither of mine to. put some silicone around it and make sure ur back caps are tight. on a non humid day open it up and allow the air to move through

u sure you got the eagle eyes? lets see pics

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
and the halos should work day or night? everyone elses do including mine, just get out at night when driving and check em out man

fog is normal... when you opened your 2 packages each package should of had a piece of paper in it saying. fog is not the same as moisture. if you dont have water sitting in your headlamp, or screwing up the bulbs some way or another leave it alone.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Not sure, but maybe he means that he cant run just the halo rings at night?

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, I should have clarified a little bit more.

Penelope... I know what you are referring to with the fog. They didn't arrive that way, it first appeared clean of any moisture and I went through the proper steps to not rush them on. The moisture leaked in when I washed the car yesterday.

Dav and JT... All I meant was my halos lit are no where near as bright as those on the BMWs. I'll post a night time pic of them on.

And I will take a picture in a few of the moisture build up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ok I gotcha. But they're not BMW headlights, just a nice substitute. We have a BMW and those suckers are extremely expensive

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yeah. These are not going to be as bright as BMW halos. If anyone told you that, they were lying. These $250 headlights are cheap compared to BMW headlights which can be $500 or more which is understandable since higher prices correlate to better quality.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
would definitely like to see if these are EE's or spyders
So true. This wouldn't be the first time someone thought they bought Eagle Eyes, but got Spyders.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no they're eagle eye's alright. give me a sec to upload pics. have to figure it out.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think there is a leak because the moisture entered the headlight after I washed my car. There wasn't any for the weeks prior.

And I don't mean to offend anyone when I said I was disappointed with EEs. It sounded like I hit some soft spots.

I just wish I could drive with just the halos on and not need the fog lamps for the necessary lighting.

Attachments

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Use photobucket and copy the img link
I had to read the how-to wiki. Is this what old people feel like? I couldn't figure out how to upload images. FAIL.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Revert. I will give that a try.

Also, does anyone know how I can get both lights to sit flush with the front fascia? That same problemed light cannot sit flush either and I don't want to keep bending the fascia back and forth (afraid of the web paint). Any suggestions?

Also with my other front headlight, I can't get that one to sit square on. The upper most bolt is not tightened all the way so it can somewhat sit flush with the panel beneath. You know what, I will just show a pic of that this afternoon b/c this is very hard to explain.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
Thanks Revert. I will give that a try.

Also, does anyone know how I can get both lights to sit flush with the front fascia? That same problemed light cannot sit flush either and I don't want to keep bending the fascia back and forth (afraid of the web paint). Any suggestions?

Also with my other front headlight, I can't get that one to sit square on. The upper most bolt is not tightened all the way so it can somewhat sit flush with the panel beneath. You know what, I will just show a pic of that this afternoon b/c this is very hard to explain.
what year is your g6. i know some of us had to drill holes where the adjustment screw sits on the metal behind the headlight. if you drill the hole right where the screw is touching it will allow the screw to go through the hole obviously but it will help the lights sit better. there is a how to by lampoon on here somewhere.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what year is your g6. i know some of us had to drill holes where the adjustment screw sits on the metal behind the headlight. if you drill the hole right where the screw is touching it will allow the screw to go through the hole obviously but it will help the lights sit better. there is a how to by lampoon on here somewhere.
08. I will look at that in my free time this afternoon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts