Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I let the wife take the new (2007) G6 out for the second time the other day. About an hour later I get a sheepish phone call. She backed into a tree and took out the driverside mirror!!!

So my question is where is a good place to get a replacement mirror? Anyone have any comments on the aftermarket mirrors that can be found on EBAY for about $40? Or do I need to get a more expensive OEM factory replacement at $80?

Also if anyone knows of a good junkyard in the South Eastern Wisconsin area that would be awesome!

Thanks much!

Sean

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
here's one:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/TYC-1860031-Passenger-Non-Heated-Replacement/dp/B002P8KPL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319956567&sr=8-1[/ame]

I'm thinking any one you buy you'll have to get painted which costs more than the mirror itself. If the painted part of yours is still ok, that part separates easily & could be swapped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There not painted. Just black textured ABS plastic. Anyone have and thoughts on the aftermarket or OEM questions above?

Thanks!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've always gone with aftermarket. Sometimes they have turned out better than oem and a hell of alot cheaper. If you can get away from buying oem, do it. On ebay just check the seller stats. Make sure he/she has a high rating and high recommendations.

JT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts