Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for spacers to go with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations for spacers to go with the stock wheels?
Yes, none. As a former employee of an automotive specialty shop, we sold a ton of wheel spacers and received a ton of customer complaints about them. It turns out they cause wheel bearing failure at a high rate as well as broken wheel studs and poor tire wear. In one case we had the spacer crack causing loss of the wheel. Beware.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, none. As a former employee of an automotive specialty shop, we sold a ton of wheel spacers and received a ton of customer complaints about them. It turns out they cause wheel bearing failure at a high rate as well as broken wheel studs and poor tire wear. In one case we had the spacer crack causing loss of the wheel. Beware.
what about 6mm spacers

·
Registered
11 Posts
6mm is less than 1/4", you will be fine - but the wheel studs may need to be changed for longer ones... I just tried to fit some on mine and there was not enough thread surface available. My car has steel wheels so the studs may be shorter than cars originally fitted with alloy wheels. Be sure you have lots of thread available with the spacers added. Quality Longer studs are made by Dorman parts. I have not tried to change my studs yet. Keep us all up with your progress!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts