Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now I have been trying to find a way to install my Cobalt SS Brembo upgrade. I had read that the people who have done this mod were using 1/4" or 5mm spacers. I purchased some 1/4" spacers to do the install but ran into some problems:

1. Spacers left little thread left on the studs and lugs wouldn't seat properly.
2. To correct tread issue I got ahold of some different style lugs with 1/4" sleeves on them that were suppose to recess through the wheel holes allowing for more grip on the studs. (They didn't fit through the lug holes).
3. After torquing the hell out of the special lugs to get them to grip enough started hearing a loud squealing noise from the front end.
4. Squealing noise ended up being that the spacers were junk and didn't fit center on the hubs causing both my front hubs to go bad.
5. Decided that 1" wheel adapters with built in studs would be a better fit. Wheel adapters did fit much better and left plenty of stud but were to thick and caused wheels to rub on liners and seemed to cause the suspension to squat horribly from being to wide.

I am now left with the complete front brake set up and no way to get them to fit under my wheels where the calipers dont rub on the spokes. For those of you who have done this upgrade, what size and brand spacers did you use? How did you get around the lack of stud after installing them? Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of looking at these parts collecting dust rather than being on my car, as well as the fact that my pads are squealing something awful and I will be needing new pads soon.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
I used 5mm and there was enough clearance and plenty of
thread to pull the nut down on.

Allot of it prolly depends on your wheel and its backspacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts