Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a How-to on spark plugs. I am kind of a "noob" to working on my own car. I normally would take it the dealer for work but I am flat broke and cant afford to pay them 200+ dollars to do this. My G6 is the 3.5 GT coupe. I am looking for directions on how to do the work, and the correct spark plugs/ where to buy them at. Local parts stores include, Autozone, O'Reillys, Advanced, Napa, and of course the GM dealer. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I would stick to ACdelco plugs the 3.5 depending on the year require AC 41-101 with a gap of .060 inches for the 05-06 models, and 07 and newer require AC 41-100 gapped to .040 inches. As far as how to, make sure your engine is cold and you use a spark plug socket with a ratchet to unscrew them and screw new ones in, be careful when pulling the boots off the spark plugs, do not pull on wire, pull from the top off the boot. To get to the back ones it is easier if you remove the alternator. I replaced my wires when I did my plugs, but if you are flat broke you may want to wait. I used Magnecor 8.5mm wires instead of the OE AC Delco, the Magnecor are better and about the same price.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot those details Vette, thanks. I did use those when I did my tune up, they are neccessary if you ever want the plugs to come out easily again and boots to come off (di-electric goes in the boots on the part that connects to the plug and to the coil).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts